For SellersAdd Your Sale to the List
Adding your sale to the list: details
$5.00, payable by credit card (we use Square‘s secure payment system).
We want the sales to be accessible to everyone. If you don’t have a credit card, we can accept cash or Venmo payment. We need some time to receive your payment and get you a coupon code. Please contact us before 5PM on Tuesday, June 8 if you need to pay in cash or by Venmo.
How and when to add your sale
We’re accepting submissions until 6:00 AM on Wednesday June 9, when we’ll finalize the list. No more sales can be added or edited after that point.
What the list includes
Your sale address, dates/hours of operation, plus a description of what you’re selling.
Email us or call 319-435-8281.
Help our community stay healthy
Expectations of Sellers for COVID-19
Take these simple steps during citywide garage sales to keep yourself and our community members safe and healthy.
- Wear a mask or face shield. (We’re asking shoppers to wear masks, too.)
- Sanitize/wash your hands often.
- Spread out your stuff; set up your sale so shoppers can stay 6′ apart.
- Set up a Venmo account so you can accept touch-free payments. Garage sales that accept Venmo payments will be specially marked in the master list this year.
- Keep your sale open Saturday afternoon. This will help us “flatten the curve” of crowds in the morning.
- If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or develop symptoms, please don’t proceed with your sale. Contact us to have your sale removed. We’ll even refund your $5.
LIST OPENS for submissions
May 17, 2021
June 9, 2021 – 6:00AM
LIST DISTRIBUTED to public
June 9, 2021 – ~12:00PM
Do You Venmo?
of 2020’s sales accepted Venmo payments. Venmo is a touch-free, cashless, and no-cost smartphone app that lets you easily receive and send money. Its free—no fees at all. Stay safe and healthy this year; get Venmo now and mark your sale as “Accepting Venmo”.
The Master List is CLOSED for submissions
We’ll begin taking new submissions for the master list on May 17, 2021.
We’ll post a big, can’t-miss-it link here on this page, so check back.
Making changes to your listing
How to change your garage sale listing
You can make changes only until the submission deadline (see above for deadlines).
How to remove your sale
To remove your sale listing completely, email us. If it’s after June 9, we can remove your sale from the Google map, but we may not be able to remove it quickly from the downloadable list. We cannot provide refunds after June 9.
Garage Sale 101
We put together the best tips, tricks, and advice so you can have a kick-ass garage sale! Get answers like:
- When should my sale be open?
- How should I be preparing ahead of time?
- What signage do I need to get shoppers to my sale?
- How do I write a great description for the Master List?
- How should I price my stuff?
- What should I do with my unsold stuff?
A better sale = more shoppers. More customers = more money for you!