Safe Selling & Shopping in a Pandemic
People have items to sell, others have items they want to buy, so it’s a marriage made in heaven.
Though many of us are now vaccinated (yay!), some citizens can’t get the vaccine, so we must still take precautions. The virus continues to circulate in our community, and we want everyone to be as safe and healthy as possible.
Keep up your vigilance during the garage sales, too, and help keep yourself, your family, and your community safe and healthy while searching for bargains.
For Sellers Hosting a Garage Sale
- Consider wearing a mask, and if you’re unvaccinated, you really should be masked.
- Sanitize/wash your hands often.
- If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or develop symptoms, please don’t proceed with your sale. Contact us to have your sale removed. We’ll even refund your $5.
- Spread out your stuff so shoppers can keep their distance from one another. That might mean using your driveway more than you normally would.
- Set up a Venmo account so you can accept touch-free payments. Garage sales that accept Venmo payments are specially marked in the master list this year.
- If you are accepting payments in a way that involves having people touch your phone or a credit card machine, sanitize your phone/device after each use.
For Shoppers of Garage Sales
- Avoid shopping if you’re sick or have symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) of COVID-19 in the previous two weeks.
- Avoid shopping if you have tested positive for COVID. Duh.
- Wear a face covering or mask while shopping, especially if you are not vaccinated.
- Keep 6 feet between you and other shoppers. (We’re advising sellers to set up their sales to facilitate this.)
- Keep hand sanitizer with you and use it often.
- Set up Venmo on your mobile phone beforehand and use touch-free payment, or pay with exact change.
- If you receive change or use a keypad, use hand sanitizer right after.
Happy selling and happy shopping everyone!